Different ranges of emission fluxes have been proposed by several studies, which have provided emissions at different spatial and temporal scales. Within D-EMIS, different datasets are being gathered from the different MACC sub-projects, as well as from publicly available inventories.
D-EMIS is working on the harmonization, evaluation and integration of these emissions distributions. Anthropogenic and natural emissions are considered. D-EMIS is also working with G-GHG on the use of inverse modelling techniques to improve and evaluate surface emissions. The evaluation of biomass burning emissions is performed in collaboration with D-FIRE.
D-EMIS is also preparing the emissions dataset used in the MACC reanalyses by the different MACC sub-projects.
- Claire Granier, UPMC (University Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, France) : coordination, global emissions
- Hugo Denier van der Gon and Tinus Pulles, TNO (TNO, Utrecht, The Netlerlands): European Emissions
- Peter Bergamaschi, JRC (Joint Research Center, Ispra, Italy): flux inversion
- Frederic Chevallier, CEA (Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement, Gif-sur-Yvette, France): flux inversion
- The global and most regional emissions under evaluation can be found in the GEIA-ACCENT emissions portal.
- The European MACC emissions can be found in the TNO ftp emissions ftp site.
- Lamarque, J.-F., Bond, T. C., Eyring, V., Granier, C., Heil, A., Klimont, Z., Lee, D., Liousse, C., Mieville, A., Owen, B., Schultz, M. G., Shindell, D., Smith, S. J., Stehfest, E., Van Aardenne, J., Cooper, O. R., Kainuma, M., Mahowald, N., McConnell, J. R., Naik, V., Riahi, K., and van Vuuren, D. P.: Historical (1850-2000) gridded anthropogenic and biomass burning emissions of reactive gases and aerosols: methodology and application, Atmos. Chem. Phys. Discuss., 10, 4963-5019, 2010.
- A. Mieville, C. Granier, C. Liousse, B. Guillaume, F. Mouillot, J.-F. Lamarque, J.-M. Grégoire, G. Petron: Emissions of gases and particles from biomass burning during the 20th century using satellite data and an historical reconstruction Atmos. Env., 44,11,1469-1477, 2010.
- Guenther, A., T. Karl, P. Harley, C. Wiedinmyer, P. I. Palmer, and C. Geron (2006), Estimates of global terrestrial isoprene emissions using MEGAN (Model of Emissions of Gases and Aerosols from Nature), Estimates of global terrestrial isoprene emissions using MEGAN (Model of Emissions of Gases and Aerosols from Nature), Atmos. Chem. Phys., 6, 3181-3210, 2006.